10-12 lbs. whole brisket 1/3 cup kosher salt 1/3 cup cracked black pepper (not finely ground)
- Trim excess fat from brisket, leaving 1/8-¼ inch fat cap.
- To make rub, mix salt and pepper in small container. Sprinkle over meat surface; pat down. Let seasoned brisket sit uncovered at room temperature about 1 hour.
- Heat smoker to 210ºF. Place brisket in smoker once smoke is thin and white. Maintain smoker at 210ºF.
- Smoke meat for approximately 12 hours until fork tender.
- Remove from heat; rest meat for 1 hour. Slice cooked meat against grain.