YIELDS: 4 servings
PREP TIME: 0 hours 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 0 hours 25 mins
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1 Gala apple, sliced
- 1/2 small red cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 4 small bone-in. pork chops (1-inch thick)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- Cook bacon in Dutch oven on medium heat until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel.
- Add onion and caraway seeds and cook, stirring occasionally for 6 mins. Stir in Gala apple (cut into 1/2-inch pieces) and cabbage, balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally until the cabbage is just tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Heat oil in large cast iron skillet on medium-high and cook pork until browned and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Fold parsley and reserved bacon into cabbage and serve with pork.
Nutritional information (per serving): About 525 calories, 27.5 g fat (9.5 g saturated), 39 g protein, 820 mg sodium, 26 g carb, 4 g fiber.
What you'll need: Dutch oven ($28, amazon.com)
See full article here