- 1 dash Kosher salt, as needed
- 8 ounces regular or whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups 1 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese (5 ounces)
- 1 dash Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- 1 pinch Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until it is al dente, about 1 minute less than the package directions. Drain.
- Return the empty pot to medium-high heat. Add the cream, and cook until it is thick, bubbling, and reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cheese, whisking until it has melted. Then stir in the pasta and cook until well combined. Season to taste with nutmeg and pepper, add more salt if needed, and serve immediately.
Click here to learn more!