Amp up store-bought ravioli with a few simple ingredients.
TOTAL TIME: 0 hours 25 mins
- 1 lb. cheese ravioli
- 2 small bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 c. fresh or frozen corn kernels
- a 12-inch skillet
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook 1 pound cheese ravioli according to the package instructions.
- Seed and chop 2 small bell peppers. Finely chop 1 medium onion. Set aside.
- Chop 3 slices of bacon. Add bacon and 1 teaspoon olive oil to a skillet and cook on medium heat until bacon is crisp, about 6 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined bowl. Leave the bacon fat in the skillet.
- Add chopped peppers, onion, 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the skillet. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Then, add 1/2 cup corn and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add cooked ravioli and bacon to the skillet. Then, toss everything together to combine.
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories 490; Protein 19g; Carbohydrate 57g; Total Fat 21g; Saturated Fat 10g; Dietary Fiber 5g; Sodium 985mg.
Read the full article here.