- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), scrubbed and cut into matchsticks or batons
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more to taste)
- 15 ounces can vegan bean chili (spicy, medium, or mild)
- 1 batch truly amazing cashew queso sauce (https://food52.com/recipes...)
- Pickled jalapenos, diced red or white onion, chopped green onion tops, avocado slices, fresh cilantro (optional, for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line two baking sheets with parchment or foil. Place the sweet potato fries into a large mixing bowl and toss with the oil and all of the seasonings. Transfer the fries to your prepared baking sheets and place them in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the fries are quite crispy, stirring a few times during cooking.
- While the fries bake, blend up the cashew queso sauce and gently warm the chili.
- When the fries are ready, remove them from the oven and transfer them to a serving platter. Top with the chili and as much cashew queso as you like. Serve with toppings of choice.