¼ cup olive oil, plus additional for basting
¼ cup Worcestershire
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1-2 tablespoons garlic, minced
Fresh ground peppercorn, to taste
2 pounds tri-tip, trimmed and cubed
1-2 red onions, chopped
2 large bell peppers, chopped
Several white button mushrooms, rinsed and stems removed
4 cobs of corn, each chopped into 6 rounds
Kosher salt and fresh ground peppercorn, to taste
Fresh parsley and green onion, chopped, to garnish
6-8 12-18" bamboo skemphasized textewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes before grilling
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients and bring to a simmer in pan until sugar dissolved. Let the sauce cool entirely.
- Place steaks in a ziplock bag and pour marinade over the steaks. Press all air from the ziplock bag and refrigerate from 4 hours up to overnight
- Remove marinated beef from refrigerator, discard the marinade and preheat grill to medium-high heat at least 20 minutes prior to cooking.
- Load individual skewers with marinated steak and prepared vegetables.
- Place skewers over the hottest grill grates, searing the kabobs with grill lid open, turning the skewers a quarter turn every 2-3 minutes, until internal temperature of the steak reaches 140F.
- Remove skewers from grill and place under tin foil tent for 5 minutes.
- To plate, garnish with chopped parsley and green onion. Season additionally to taste. Serve.
To read the rest of the article, visit A Bachelor and His Grill here.