- 1 tablespoon salted butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup Old Fashioned rolled oats (do not use instant oats or steel cut oats)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup milk of choice (2% or oat milk)
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen*
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- For topping: maple syrup, fresh blueberries, sliced almonds, milk
- Melt the butter or coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the oats and toast for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, until fragrant.
- Turn the heat to low and carefully pour in the water, milk, blueberries, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and vanilla extract, stirring. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until thickened and the oats are tender, smashing the blueberries with the back of a large spoon as you stir. (Try to smash the majority of the berries to give the oatmeal its purple color.)
- Remove from the heat. Top with desired toppings and serve.
Click here to find out more. --> Easy Blueberry Oatmeal – A Couple Cooks