- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 avocado
- 4 slices bread (like Homemade Bread, Whole Wheat Bread, Sourdough Bread or Dutch Oven Artisan Bread)
- Butter or mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Kosher salt
- If you’d like, pre-toast the bread slices in the toaster (this makes sure to get them perfectly crunchy before grilling the sandwich).
- Slice the tomatoes, place the slices on a plate, and sprinkle with kosher salt. Slice the avocado (see the video instructions) and sprinkle it with salt.
- Spread butter or mayo on one side of each of the 4 bread pieces. Heat a griddle pan to medium high heat. Place 2 pieces of bread on the griddle, buttered side down. On each piece, spread ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan, tomato slices, avocado slices, the other ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, a sprinkle of kosher salt, and the other piece of bread (spread with mayo if you’d like).
- When the bottom bread is browned, flip the sandwich and cook until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
Click here to find out more. --> Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich – A Couple Cooks